Tuesday, August 26, 2008

BOO!


Making Halloween cards really makes me feel like summer is over. I love summer and it goes by so fast. This card was made for card club. I got this cute set of Halloween stamps when I was at Stampaway. The set is called Ghouls and Ghost by Inkadinkado. The Trick or Treat bag and the alphabet is Purple Onion Designs and the house is Eat Cake Graphics. The images are colored with pencils. I like using the darker cardstock to stamp the images on, it makes the white show up so much better. I masked the house and the Trick or Treat Bag so the little ghost looks like it is popping out from behind the house. At least that is what I was trying to achieve.
I normally don't send Halloween cards, but I seem to buy Halloween themed stamps. Probably should at least send some out.

9 comments:

Babsarella said...

Annie, this is adorable!! You did a fantastic job with the masking, and I do see how nice the white shows up on the kraft colored cardstock.

Lisa Renéa said...

This is super! The ghostie is just adorable & I love how you've put them all together! Your art rocks, girlie! Lovin' your blog!

Unknown said...

Hey, I'd better get one of these cards because that is just too sinkin' cute!!! And Halloween makes me feel that summer is over too, but that makes me verrrrrrry happy because summmer SUCKS!!!

Kerilou said...

I love this! Too cute. You are so right about how vibrant that white ghost is! Wonderful! Reminds me of the Peanuts cartoon!
Kerilou

Anonymous said...

Cute card, Miss Annie!!!! I saw that at set at Stampaway, but didn't know you had bought it!

Sue McGettigan said...

Annie how super-cute your little ghoul is - I'm in love :)

Tracy said...

HELLLLLLLLLLLLLOOOOOOO ANNIE!!!!!!!!
my hat is on :-) it almost flew off when i read that note about your blog. I'm soooooo happy!!!
i'm just checking in briefly - i'm gonna come back later and look at everything!!!!! but right now i'm gonna say this card is A-dorable (thats A for adorable Annie!)
missed you cutie!

Linda M said...

This is so cute!!! You survived all the reps in town??

tina said...

I looooooooooooooooooooove this card, and one of these better appear in my mailbox... ;)