Sunday, August 3, 2008

A Frustrated Artist

Don't you just love the expression on this little girl's face? She was perfect for a card for our friend Babe, who was 86 (I think) recently. She keeps telling everyone that she doesn't do birthdays anymore. She was also perfect for one of the 50 ATCs that were my birthday project for my sister.

I found this image on the internet and copied it. I did this for someone I used to work with. We have kept in touch and I always send him a card for his birthday. I got some Copic Markers for Christmas last year and I have been trying to work with them. If nothing else, I love the smell of them. I also used this image on one of the ATCs that I did for my sister. It turned out a little better. I am finding that I can copy things pretty well. It is coming up with the original drawing that I am not so great at. So I ponder whether or not an art class would help. Can you teach a left-brained person, whose expectations that the final piece be perfect to draw? I am not sure that I can let go of the need for perfection. Guess that is why I consider most of what I do to be CRAP.


I really hesitate to call myself an artist. I would love to be an artist. I love to paint. I would love to be able to draw. I really do try. This card is an attempt to draw and paint a flower. I made it for a friend's birthday. Happy Birthday Sharon. I love watercolors.












3 comments:

liannallama said...

oh, Annie! I think your stuff is wonderful--don't call it crap! I love your ATC style--I can pick it out right away in my ATC book!

:>

Lisa Renéa said...

WOW! These are fabulous! You know I always love your coloring, such detail!

Conniecrafter said...

Yes you are an artist, an artist is always searching for perfection!