Saturday, September 6, 2008

Lifting from myself

Well it is has come to this. I am lifting ideas from myself. I wanted this card to be special. However, I was having some serious lack of imagination. The card is to go to a very special person and I wanted to do something really groovy. Deep sigh. I like the card, don't get me wrong. But I have done this design several times before. A couple of things have changed, but it is still the same basic design. I suppose the way I need to look at this is that if it is a decent design and it works nothing wrong with using it again.
The majority of the stamps are from two companies that I just love to pieces - Eat Cake Graphics and Purple Onion Designs. I don't know if you have noticed, but I tend to use stamps from these companies on most all of my work. I did alot of masking on this card and it is colored with pencils. I had to draw in the little bird and the tree. The area for the sentiment was to small to use stamps so I just printed the sentiment. I also had to pare down the little hat. The stamp is actually much bigger.
Well I have a couple of cards that I want to work on today and I am hoping that I can come up with a new design. I was pondering the other day about why I don't seem to be able to come up with new ideas. I let all of my magazine subscriptions expire except for one - Rubber Stamp Madness. (Speaking of which, in the next issue, I have a little Christmas piece in it). I use to get lots of magazines and I am wondering if not having something to look to spark ideas is part of the problem. I would see something I liked, which would give me thoughts about how to change it or use part of it or something. Since I am home alone this weekend, maybe what I will do is pull out some of the magazines that I kept and start looking thru them to see if sparks will start flying. Wish me luck.

5 comments:

michelle cook infantino said...

This is super cute.

Thanks for my gorgeous birthday card. Very cool. NOthing like a handmade card.

Tracy said...

its adorable! and hat the heck is wrong with remaking something you've already done when its so wonderful? nuthin. i do know what you mean however - feel like i make the same thing over and over again - but thats me. they just feel like they're all the same. and maybe it IS cos i also stopped getting mags... hmmmm. maybe its time to pick up one :-)

Babsarella said...

I think this card is super cute and definitely would make someone smile!!! Congrats on being published. Now I just have to remember to check this out when I hit AC Moore. Can't wait to see what else you decide to create!!

Kerilou said...

It is too cute, Annie! You do such fabulous work with your masking and coloring. She is just adorable!! How did you make out? Did you get more done, being alone all weekend?
Kerilou

Lisa Renéa said...

anNiEEEEE, ya know down here, I say...if ain't broke, don't go fixin' it!!! This is fabulous and fun. I've never seen it or one like it! It's a really groovy card! Oh, I agree with you about the mags...same here.