Saturday, August 2, 2008

A beginning?


I was not going to do this. I was not going to blog. I actually have nothing much to say. Didn't want to bore people with my ramblings.

I am also basically lazy. Maybe I should say that I am so busy that I don't have time to post things to a blog each day. That just isn't true. I have time, I am just basically lazy.

So why am I doing this you ask? I started a project that I wanted to share and it is a little to big to post anywhere.

My sister Mary, is turning the big 50 this year and I wanted to do something fun to help her celebrate. Not sure she really wants to celebrate the fact that she turning 50. I am making her whether she does or not. Isn't that what bossy big sisters are for?

The project started out with me sending her a package each month that has 50 somethings in it. Along with the somethings, I put in an ATC depicting the fact that she was turning 50.

Somewhere along the way, I decided in a moment of insanitity that it would be a good idea to make 50 ATCs and put them in a binder with 50 pages. Seemed like a good idea. Do you know how hard it is to think of 50 different ideas and make each card different but still keep the main theme of birthday and turning 50? Trust me, it was not the easiest thing to do.

So now I have completed this project and want to share a couple that I thought turned out pretty nice. Starting this blog was the best way for me to do it. The little card that is attached to this post is the beginning of this project. More will come as I figure out how to work this blog thingie.
Hugs,
Annie


6 comments:

tina said...

Well would you look at this? The first commment on the blog I was told would never exist! Go figure ;) I'll expect to see lots going on here!

Anonymous said...

I love your idea for your sister's birthday!!!!!! I'm sure she will love it too, when she has all of them, and the ones posted here so far are just wonderful. I could never have come up with so many different ideas! I'll be checking back for more posts!
Candy

Lisa Renéa said...

So freakin' cool! I know Mary must love, love these!

Lost in Paper said...

Hi Annie!!!

Well on July 30 I started a blog too!!! Like you this was something I was never going to do! Trust me when I say that I am way more boring than you!!! I love your cards and your art!!! Welcome to bloggerland!! :)

Sue McGettigan said...

Annie, as if we didn't know, you can never say NEVER! Kudos to you for making your sister's birthday so fun, and for starting down the path to Blogville, we knew you'd succumb to the Dark Side eventually :)

Linda M said...

This is just awesome and must have taken forever and ever. Lucky Mary!