Monday, September 22, 2008

Arf Arf

This was a fun card to make, even if I went a little overboard. The card was made for a gal on my team at work who is having surgery on her hand today. She lives in Oregon and I wanted her to know that I was thinking about her. She has 4 Basset Hounds and is a Basset Hound rescue mom.
The window and the bubble are Eat Cake Graphics. The flowers and the leaves on the tree are Purple Onion Design. The Arf is Picture Show. The curtains were made using one of the Fiskars boarder punches. The rest of the things on the card are cut from paper. The paper comes from a pack of K&Company Mat Pad that Peggy sent to me. Thank you so much Peggy.
I found the picture of the Basset on the Internet and printed him on a piece of transparency. This was a lot of putzing, even for me. I added some additional color to the paper with Copic Markers and a daub of Glossy accents to the middle of the flowers. For the inside, I am going to put "Translation - Thinking of you and hoping the surgery went well."
Hopefully this will cheer her up or give her a little smile this week. While looking at Basset Hound pictures, I found this cute little saying, "If it is not a Basset Hound, it is just a dog." Isn't that really cute? Bassets are pretty special dogs, but then I think that all dogs are pretty special. I absolutely love my dog. She is a very special part of our family. I am allergic to animals and as long as I keep a dog in my house, I can exist. What scares me is that if we don't get another dog after Scout leaves us, I won't be able to have another dog. Mike says NO MORE DOGS. We will just have to see. You know how that goes. The hubby can say whatever he wants and I will do what ever I want.
Thanks for stopping in. Hope you have a great day.

8 comments:

Babsarella said...

WOOWEE I Love this cute card! That pupper is just adorable sittin in the window. Great combo of colors and papers...you rocked it, and I think the recipient will be thrilled!

Lisa Renéa said...

So cute! Love all your window detail! As usual, perfection!!

Anonymous said...

Love the card Annie!! And I am betting on you when the time comes to be thinking about another dog!

Kerilou said...

Your doggie card is so cute!! I love how you did the curtain!! Your co worker is so lucky to get such a great card!!
Keri

Tracy said...

its so cute :-)
and you are the bestest friend.
and as far as what husbands say... well they can say what they want now cant they... and we can do what we want lol :-)

Lisa Renéa said...

Just wanted to pop over and tell you hello! Thinking of you & dh--hope your both holding up, ok!
xo

Far North said...

What a thoughtful card! That pup in the window is the perfect element to bring a smile your friends face!...Jan

Sue McGettigan said...

WOOF! Love the card Annie, it was worth all that hard work - I bet the gal who received it just LOVES it :)