Friday, September 12, 2008

To Lady Bug or Not to Lady Bug, That is the question.

I think this card needs something else. But what? Perhaps a little ladybug somewhere? The red and black will go well with the colors.
The flower is hand drawn. The sentiment is Purple Onion Design. I used watercolors for the flower.
I like the colors. Kinda fall and yet still bright and summery. Not really a birthday theme but what the hey. I wanted to do something different. Something I didn't lift from someone else or even myself. I am mildly please with the end results. Mainly because I like the colors.
A Pondering: I love color. I am adventurous with color when it comes to using it on cards. In my life, however, I tend to stick more to the earth tones. I very seldom buy colors that are not in my Fall palette. I had my colors done years ago and they said I was an Fall. I really liked the Summer colors better, because I like Summer much better than Fall. In the house, mostly neutrals. Probably from watching to much HGTV Designed to Sell and hearing that those are the best to use if you are going to sell. I am not going to sell my house, but they do seemed to work. The only place where I broke out of the neutral colors was in the bathroom and there I went with a very bright banana yellow. I guess you could almost call it a Pee Yellow, but banana just sounds better. Didn't really think the whole color thing through when I was pondering on it.

5 comments:

Babsarella said...

You drew that flower??? Dang girl, you dun good!!! Love the beautiful image and great colors. I like the idea of a little ladybug too. I think that would be the perfect touch. Too funny...I love fall colors, but we really don't have fall here in FL. The weather is not as hot, but our leaves don't turn. bummer.

Tracy said...

i love that flower! love how the center is striped :-)
and while i dont think the card is missing anything i think a lady bug would be a wonderful addition - nice contrast - teeny bug -big flower kwim?
fall is my favorite time of year -and part of that is definitely because of the colors.
i'm not a big summer fan only because of the heat. i am a whiner when i'm hot! what i do like about summer is the long days. now that we're nearing fall the days are already getting shorter and its a little sad yaknow? i always hated leaving work and its dark.

tina said...

ladybug!!!

Sue McGettigan said...

Wait a minute - rewind & replay - you drew the flower? You're amazing Annie :)

Kerilou said...

Pee yellow, huh? For me, the brighter the better. I am the complete opposite of most of the people I know! I know Christa likes the brights like me!
I love how you drew that? That is amazing! It is perfect. I like bumblebees...ladybugs here are not even cute anymore-we are over run with them!!
Keri