Tuesday, May 12, 2009

A Normal Card

Well I tired to do a normal card. You know what I mean. If you look at the cards I have posted recently they are more on the humor, fun and quirky side. Haven't done a normal card for quite some time. I think I need some practice.

I have no clue who makes the tulip stamp. Got it in a swap. Stamped with white ink on black paper and then colored with pencils. I really like this look. The Birthday Wishes is Purple Onion Design.
This was made for one of the gals that works for me. She lives in New Mexico.
Coloring on white ink stamped on black cardstock is super easy. I used Primsacolor pencils and just added the color directly over the ink. I started with the lightest shades first and then added the highlight colors, finishing off with the darkest shades last. Make sure that the ink is completely dry. I found that Stampin Up Whisper White Craft Ink works the best.


Thanks for stopping by. I really do appreciate it.



2 comments:

Sue McGettigan said...

ROL, 'normal' :) Love this card so much Annie - that chalkboard effect is wonderful. Love the sentiment stamped in white - how did you color in the flowers?

Kerilou said...

Yes, what kind of pencils show up on black cardstock? Inquiring minds want to know! It is a lovely "normal" card, Annie!
Keri