Sunday, July 12, 2009

A lazy Sunday

Today was a lazy Sunday. I didn't do anything constructive. I was suppose to do some house cleaning, which I didn't. I did take a little nap. So here it is 7:00 pm and I am still in my jammies. What a great way to spend a Sunday. The only thing I got accomplished today was a couple of cards. This first one is just me putzing around. I didn't stamp anything on this one. Hand drew everything and then watercolored. The scalloped edge is some left over book pages that I had covered with a watered down gesso.
This card I am going to send to a great friend for her birthday. I lifted it from a lift that I did earlier. Changed it around a bit. The alpha, Purple Onion Design, is the only thing that is stamped. This one is watercolored also using watercolor pencils. I had forgotten that I had a really nice set of those. I have been using watercolor crayons. Same deal here for the scalloped edge, used some left over painted book pages.
This card is for a monthly image swap. You get sent an image and make a card using that image. I colored the image with pencils. The background is watercolored. The flowers are tiny little prima's I think. I always have an image of an outhouse with those tall flowers next to them. Sitting here trying to think of the name of the flower. It will come to me after I have finished typing here. Isn't that always the way.
Thanks for stopping by.
Annie

4 comments:

Babsarella said...

WOW Annie!!! These are fantastic!!! I can't believe how cool the drawing is. You most certainly have a talent for it. Love the POD alpha on the 2nd card. So perfect. Love the soft pretty watercolors too. Dang you're talented...but then again, I knew that already!!! :0)

Kerilou said...

Your artwork is wonderful! You need to have your work printed on notecards, or made into stamps, or something!!
Hollyhocks? That is the first thing I thought of!! Stunning work!!
Keri

Paper Therapy Ponderings said...

Hollyhocks are the flowers around the outhouses - they have a nickname like outhouse roses - or something like that.

You have been having some great creative fun - love it all

Barb

Cora said...

Well here it is December and I followed Barbs link to your blog. Hollyhocks! That is what I thought and I read the comments and they say hollyhooks too! Must be hollyhocks. When I was a little girl I would put a bud on the stem of the open flower and make little flower dolls.