Saturday, February 21, 2009

And the results are....

I had my stress test and echocardiogram on Thursday. The results were good. There was no damage to my heart. The MD said that things looked pretty good. He was very concerned about the level of stress and the jump in my blood pressure and recommended that I go get my self a new pair of walking shoes and do some power walking. I am not going to have to take any medication for the blood pressure at this time. He wants me to watch that and if it continues to go up, then we can look at what is needed.

I was so relieved. Thank you for your well wishes and good thoughts. They really helped.

Off to my knitting class. Going to knit a sweater in a weekend.

5 comments:

Tracy said...

oh.. i'm so happy :-)
i've been thinking about you sweetie. what a relief.
knitting sounds wonderful - nice stress reliever. course the power walking would be fine too ;-)
love you sweetie - thanks for posting the good news!

Kerilou said...

Thank goodness! That is great news! Take care of yourself, and get out there and walk! It is such a great stress reliever, and you will feel so good after you walk! I walk very often!! Can't wait to see this sweater!!
Keri

Anonymous said...

Oh Annie, I am so glad to hear that the tests went fine!!! I have been worried. And did you finish your sweater? I can't wait to see pics of it!

Babsarella said...

YAY! Annie I am so glad to hear all is ok. Hope you get those sneakers and start walking (maybe when it gets warmer). Have fun making your sweater.

Sue McGettigan said...

Bravo Annie! That's great news. If only we lived in the same zip code we could do that walking together! Hope you find a walking buddy and enjoy the great outdoors, it's a great de-stresser - but isn't it totally FREEZING where you are right now?? I'm a certified California weather wimp :)