Sunday, November 23, 2008

Baby Hats

There are times when I do more than sits and ponder. There are times when I sits and knits. I love knitting little baby hats. It is just about all I knit because for some reason, I have never gotten the knack of reading patterns. Some of the time I can look at the picture and reproduce, most of the time, I just make the design up as I go. I really should take a knitting class to learn how to at least read patterns.

I also knit when I am going through creative slumps. That really translates into, I have the lazies. No motivation to stamp or create something on paper. I am having a slump right now when I should be doing Christmas cards. Instead, I just sits and knits.

This first little hat went to a little gal in Colorado. I work with her Dad. I wanted it to look like a little raspberry but I think it looks more like an eggplant. Hmmmmm.

This is my friend Kim's little grandbaby Ella. It is really nice to see the hats on the little babies. And don't you just love the little boots she has on?
After I got done with this hat, I decided that because Kim likes daisies, that Miss Ella needed a daisy hat. So I did this one.
This next little hat is one that went to Miss Fiona Payne. I actually did two for her. This one was really easy. I just knitted and then threaded lots of ribbons through it. The first one I did looked way to big for a newborn, so I did one that she could wear now. Well back to knitting. Gotta get my next project done. I am working on little hats for a set of twins - a boy and a girl - born two weeks ago.

Thanks for stopping by!

6 comments:

Kerilou said...

Annie-they are so cute!! I can't wait to see what you come up with for the twins!!
I just taught myself to crochet, just so I could do dishcloths, and any crochet pattern looks like jibberish to me. I hear ya there. You did an awesome job!!
Keri

Lisa Renéa said...

WOW! Annie your a knitting superstar! That plum one is beyond yummy! Your on a roll! Thanks for sharing these! Oh, and I've been able to crochet since I was six & still can't read a #$%*! pattern!

Michael J. Moyes said...

Oh, they are so cute!!! How can you call that lazy???

Sue McGettigan said...

SO pretty!! I love those beautiful hats Annie, this looks like a creative burst to me rather than a slump! LOL about the 'eggplant' hat, I love that one, it looks like a purple flower to me - like bluebell with a purple blush.

Tracy said...

these are amazing. all so wonderful. i specially love the raspberry :-)

Babsarella said...

Squeal...these are so cute!!! The raspberry one is my fav.