Saturday, January 30, 2010

Good bye Dear Friend

Yesterday I had to say goodbye to my dear sweet Scoutie. After we brought little Maggie Mae home, she started getting sick. I thought it was an upset stomach because she was not happy about the puppy, but it kept getting worse. Called the vet and they gave her some medicine for the stomach. It settled her stomach but she still wasn't eating or drinking much and she was getting weaker and weaker to the point where she was no longer able to walk by herself. We took her to the vet on Monday and they did blood work. The results confirmed that my sweet girl was dying. Scout came to us 10 years ago as a rescue and we loved her from the first moment we met her. Scout would of been 14 years old in June. Wheaten Terriers normal life span is 12 to 13 years. So I know she had a good long life. Doesn't make losing her any easier but I do know that we made the best decision. There was nothing that could be done for her and I just couldn't let her suffer. I take comfort that it was a peaceful passing and she was in my arms when she went to sleep.

Goodbye My Scoutie Girl. You were my bestest friend and I loved you muchly.

Annie

5 comments:

Christine said...

I'm so sorry, Annie. It's so hard to lose them. They really are family members. (hug)

Sue McGettigan said...

Hugs to you Annie, it's so hard to see our furbabies get older. I'm glad you were able to be there with Scout until she passed.

Babsarella said...

Oh Annie...I can't tell you how sad I am to hear this news. I know how much you adored sweet Scout and she was so lucky to have such a great family to love and care for her. Hugs to you and your family. I know this must be so very very hard.

Suzie said...

I am sending "hugs" to you each day, Annie. As hard as it is, you know you did the best thing for Scout. I see people all the time who choose not to make the decision you did (and we did, too, for Missy). Making such a loving and loyal family member suffer is not the way to go. Bless you for showing Scout just how very much you loved her.

Suzie

JeanneLee said...

Annie, so sorry to here about your beloved Scout. Its never easy losing a dear pet who has come into your home and shared their love and loyalty. {{{Hugs}}}